CHILD CAR SEAT FITTER TRAINING
Kidsafe Qld offers nationally recognised training courses in car seat or child car seat restraint fitting. These courses are suitable for people wanting to start their own service-based business or for organisations wanting their employees to be able to offer better customer service.
Child Car Seat Workshop
Minimum 3hr workshop
Kidsafe can provide a training workshop session at your location for 6-12 participants to refresh knowledge and skills for installing child restraint seats.
- Theory and practical components and all attendees receive a certificate of attendance
- Workshop duration is approximately 3 hours depending on the number of participants (min 6 - max 12)
- We can run multiple sessions is you have a large number of staff
- Includes a brief overview of the current car restraint laws and driver responsibility
- Reviews different types of restraints and how to correctly choose and install
- If you have a pool of cars and child restraints you use regularly we can demonstrate how to install those seats correctly and train your staff to install
- Kidsafe Staff can also complete an audit of your child car restraints to ensure they are in good condition and appropriate for the ages of children you are transporting
Cost: $825 incl. GST
Travel Costs will be applicable if outside the Brisbane CBD.
1 Day Child Car Restraining Course (CRFPIA301)
This one-day workshop will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to select and install a limited range of child car restraints. This course is suitable for employers wanting staff training so that their employees have the knowledge and skills to transport children in their care or to value add a service to their customers.
- Education, health or community professionals required to transport children as part of their job.
- Child Care Workers looking for professional development.
Cost: $400 per person incl. GST
2 Day Course in Type 1 Child Car Restraint Fitting (52778WA)
Accredited training course that qualifies participants as a registered Type 1 Child Car Restraint Fitter. A type 1 fitter is able to install standard child restraints in vehicles equipped with factory fitted child restraint anchorage locations. Participants will have the knowledge and skill to install child restraints and conduct Type 1 fitting and checking services as well as educate consumers on the importance of appropriate selection and use of child car restraints.
Training dates for 2021: 17-18 March, 21-22 April, 19-20 May, 23-24 June, 21-22 July, 25-26 August, 15-16 September, 20-21 October, 17-18 November, 8-9 December
Cost: $660 per person incl. GST
Duration: Two Days – 9am to 4.30pm* (Start & Finish times may vary and will be confirmed in course confirmation letters emailed prior to commencement)
Child Car Restraint Training Course for Children with Disabilities
Pre-requisite: Participants must have completed a 2-day Type 1 Child Car Restraint Fitting (52778WA).
This one-day training course provides participants with the knowledge and skill to competently trial, recommend, modify and check child car restraints in vehicles in accordance with AS/NZS 4370:2013 – (Restraint of children with disabilities or medical conditions in motor vehicles).
This course is highly recommended for occupational therapists and physiotherapists or community health carers who select, fit or use child car restraints for children with disabilities or medical conditions.
Cost: $440 per person incl. GST