WHAT DOES KIDSAFE QUEENSLAND DO?
We want to keep kids out of hospital. We have a vision for a safer world for Queensland kids, at home, on the road and at play. It is our mission to empower and enable parents and caregivers with practical evidence-based safety advice so they can make informed choices to prevent injuries, disability and death in kids aged 0-18 across Queensland.
,There are many ways a child can be unintentionally or accidentally injured or tragically killed. For more than 40 years we have undertaken research and advocacy initiatives to reduce the incidence of these injuries to fulfill our vision of a safer world for Queensland kids. We believe:
- Every child deserves a safe, happy, active life
- A healthy level of risk is important for kids to grow and develop
- Injury is preventable and prevention is better than cure
- Parents can make informed choices when they feel empowered
- Having a strong evidence base is non-negotiable
- Safety messages can be delivered through collaborations and partnerships
- Everything we do must drive positive impact
Our national organisation; Kidsafe is the only not-for-profit organisation working across Australia to reduce the incidence of unintentional child and youth deaths and injury. Kidsafe Queensland is the state-based affiliate.
Our constitution, which details our legal ambit, can be found on the ACNC website.