Kidsafe QLD is committed to its privacy statement that safeguards the privacy of members, clients and the public and comply with the Privacy Act 1998.
A privacy statement is a document that declares the intentions of the organisation in relation to:
- client information and data.
- how personal information is stored.
- how clients can access this information; and
- the purposes for which personal information is used and disclosed.
Kidsafe QLD’s privacy statement follows the requirements under Privacy Act 1998 and encompasses:
- data collection.
- data storage.
- data use.
- data disclosure; and
- access by an individual.
All messages and personal information which are relayed to our members with the permission of the client are then disposed of:
- in a secure waste bin.
- Personnel files are stored in a secure location within the premises, and.
- No credit card details are kept on file.
The organisation only uses the personal information collected for the purposes for which it was required, or other purposes that are agreed to by the organisation and the individual. Additional purposes may be required to comply with national or territory legislation. If this is the case, the organisation will communicate to the client that this will occur.
Kidsafe QLD undertakes to disclose your data only under the following circumstances:
- where required or permitted to do so by law; and
- with your consent.
Access by an individual
- without reasonable delay; and
- without cost
For further information, contact The Office of Privacy Commissioner
Privacy Act 1998
We are an APP entity for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and any related privacy codes. Our contact details are set out below.
How we collect and hold personal information
If you do not provide us with your personal information we may be unable to provide you with the products and/or services you require or continue our relationship with you.
Purposes for collecting personal information and who we disclose it to.
- to personalise our communications with you;
- to sell and promote our, and certain of our contractors and service providers’, products and services to you;
- to provide or arrange for certain of our contractors and service providers to provide news articles and updates to you;
- to provide you with a better service in supplying you (or others you use or subscribe to our products and services through) with our products and services;
- to assist in investigating your complaints, feedback and inquiries; and
- for other purposes which are reasonably necessary in connection with our normal functions and activities.
We may disclose your personal information to the following kinds of entities: our contractors, consultants, advisers, associates and related entities; the owners or operators of any app or platform that you have subscribed for through us; entities that provide services to us; any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise in connection with any complaint made by you about us; and other entities with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
How you may access or seek correction of your personal information or make a complaint
Our contact details
Phone: (07) 3854 1829
Postal: PO Box 3256, Newmarket, Queensland, 4051
Direct marketing opt-out
You can unsubscribe to our communications to you at any time by clicking unsubscribe on our email communications or contacting our Privacy Officer as per the contact details above.
Unit 8/ 87 Webster Rd, Stafford, Queensland, 4053
Phone: (07) 3854 1829
Opening hours are Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm.
Entry via Barbarra St
ABN: 64 742 810 613